Monday, June 20, 2011

The harm of advertising.

I understand that many schools are hurting for money in today's economy, but is it not a potential threat for children to be subjected to several advertisements in an environment where they should be learning academic subjects, as opposed to business, more business and even more business?

2 comments:

  1. I see your point, but I wonder if there would be any benefits to advertising in schools. Maybe if students are around advertising regularly, they will learn to recognize the strategies used to market toward them. But maybe you're right, and adertising simply disrupts the learning environment.

    Interesting Topic!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy: copy and paste your comment over to my blog set up for this course. Sorry, I didn't realize that we could only have one blog for the course. I set up the same question on the one you'll find from jcu.edu

    ReplyDelete